Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I've been tagged...

Mandy has tagged me to share six random things about myself... So, here goes...

1. I have just finished writing a letter to my daughter's school to request a specific teacher for her next year...
2. I often host a Mums morning tea for a group of friends, who like me, often crave more adult conversation than the Wiggles or the Bob the Builder catch phrases we get at home!...
3. I am an iced-coffee nut. More specifically, Espresso Dare...
4. I do more clothes washing than I care for...
5. I am currently sewing several ballet costumes for the end of year recital, that my daughter volunteered me for (not even her ballet class)...
6. I have never broken a bone in my body or anybody else's for that matter...
Six random things about me. How boring are they! Lol!!
Back to other stuff now. The weather here has been wild. Really, crazy wild. Strong winds, lots of torrential rain, plenty of lightening strikes and one or two blackouts. And we are expecting more this afternoon. Some areas hit by the huge storm have been described as being like a war zone. It was pretty scary watching the storm pass over us. Especially when we saw our full garbage bins get blown down the street.




The kids were both fascinated and frightened at the same time. I think, they thought, they were in the middle of a "tornado". Lol! Trees were being blown down everywhere, so I can't really blame them for exaggerating the situation in their minds!


This tree fell at the school. Thankfully it was Sunday and not Monday.
Let's hope the rest of the week brings decent rain, but leaves the strong winds at home.

3 comments:

mandysea said...

Not boring at all Leanne!! What a fab mum sewing for the ballet school - can i borrow you for mine!!! You sew-ers are worth your weight in gold!!!

Glad you are okay with the storms....been watching on the TV

Nic said...

So glad you havn't been affected by those terrible storms... stay safe!!
I loved reading the facts - another iced coffee nut here. Ice Breaks for me!!

Anonymous said...

Brisbane is sure coping the rain. Thank goodness you are all safe after watching the news and Current Affair tonight. I feel sorry for the people with the flood damaged homes. Your street looks lovely and neat.
Love Mum