Thursday, December 1, 2011

Back to business :) ...

Firstly, I just want to say thank you all so very much for the love and support regarding my exciting news.  Unfortunately I am aware that there will be some negative comments put out there.  People are allowed their opinions I guess, even at the expense of hurting others.  But I am still happy to be up there on that amazing list and I know I've put the hard work in to now enjoy the moment.  So, once again.. THANK YOU all for your beautiful comments...x

Now, as the blog post title suggests... LOL!  Back to business!  Yesterday was the release of Get Picky's new challenge!  (yep.  sorry.  I'm a little late!)!!!

This challenge is close to my heart.  It is all about telling the story! Yay!  Here is the inspiration photo...


 And here is my layout..

[Carnival]

products used: cs - bazzill; pp - kaisercraft, We R Memory Keepers, Nikki Sivils; other - PLS journal card; string; machine stitching; glimmermist; glimmerglaze; kaisercraft clear stamp; Tim Holtz distress ink; black pen (sharpie).


My story is all about how Liam, my eldest son, is always trying to be "the funny man".  hahaha.. He has such a quick wit at times and is constantly thinking up new jokes.  His favourite book at the moment is one that holds tonnes of practical jokes!  yikes!! We, as his family, are constantly second guessing whether or not he is about to hit us with his newly discovered knowledge... *sigh* ... But he is lots of fun to be around and he doesn't like to see anybody upset.  That's the bonus side!!  LOL!

 I really hope you will join in and share your story over at the challenge.  I can't wait to see what you will create. 

Thanks for visiting...x

9 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

So love the way you've done your journalling and awesome misting. Don't let negative comments get you down. You deserve to be on that list xo

Anonymous said...

Grrr...don't let anyone steal your joy...
Gorgeous layout too :):)

Keri said...

You ROCK and you deserve it for sure, Leanne! Congrats and love this layout!

Kim said...

Thanks Leanne for being so brave and putting that out there about the negativity, it is just way tooo sad and disappoiniting, but hey who would ever complain about your GORGEOUS work!!!!!!

Leanne J said...

first up ..ditt o what JODIE said.. oh and i just special mentioned you on my blog.. MWAH.. i personally am looking forward to seeing your work in the mag for the next 12 months...
and then on this layout.. i love how you've done the title..superb!!!!!!!!!! oh and practical jokes..are funny.. when you arent the one getting joked on..but its all fun an games.. hope you are having a FANTASTIC day...

khushifairy said...

i like the way you have placed the thread, giving it an adorable look. but i found that boundary lines are not finely defined.
valentine gifts pakistan
Gifts to pakistan

Jules said...

hmmm... nothing worse than sour grapes huh? Your time to shine hun, you've worked hard for it. LOVE your page. Beautifully constructed as always... xx

Kerryn said...

Negativity gets people nowhere. Enjoy YOUR moment, you deserve it!

I saw this layout on the GP blog earlier today, I LOVE it!!!!

Sheree said...

Love this fabulous page Leanne! Great colour combo and I love the misting!

Sheree xx
ps. Don't let any negativity get to you! You thoroughly deserve your exciting Masters win!!