Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday...

... Barbie! Yes, that's right! Barbie (officially) turns 50 today. And she doesn't look half bad! Lol! So here is a blast from MY past...




On a recent trip home I discovered this old gem! Isn't she amazing! Even more so, the fact that she still has her original "Barbie and the Rockers' " clothing, ear-rings and gem-less ring! I didn't take a lot with me from the Eighties, and I only remember, somewhat tragically, "Fergie" bows, fluro colours and rah-rah skirts. But... can I put most of the blame for that on my mother's shoulders? (sorry Mum). After all, I was only in Primary School during this decade....



So enjoy the cake Barbie, and I hope you bring as much joy and imagination to my little girl's life as you brought to mine.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

OMG I soo loved the eighties. I used to wear the really long wham t-shirts in fluro colours and then there were those awful multi coloured fluro jackets ugh they were not that nice. I used to have so many barbies I now wish I had kept them for my daughter, alas I totally destroyed them during my "I wanna be a hairdresser" stage LOL

Leanne :)