As we see out the old year and bring in the new, it is always nice to reflect a little on the past. For me it always makes me catch my breath, knowing that another year has past, my children grow another year older and that in the midst of it all we have had fun, craziness and even a few tragedies over the past 12 months.
I don't think I have ever reflected the past year through my layouts though... I've had a huge year when it comes to scrapbooking. Not only have I had the honour of being a Scrapbooking Memories Master, but being a team member for Jillibean Soup and Bella Blvd is mind blowing! And I am forever grateful for Gail and the wonderful friends I have through Greatest View, who encourage and stretch me with my projects. So here goes.. Some of my creative process of 2012.
1. Baby.. One of my submission LOs for Bella Blvd. Definitely not a photo taken this year but finally scrapped in 2012!
2. Travel.. This is a fave of mine because not only does it help me tell some of the story of our holiday in 2011, but Amy Tangerine graciously signed the front of it after I convinced her it would be okay to do so! LOL! Thanks Amy!! :)
3. Some Days.. I love that I need to capture both the good days and the bad... This particular phase in Cameron's behaviour is all part of growing and learning. Fortunately for me.. he is baby #4. Unfortunately for him.. he is baby #4! *grin* Cameron (3yrs).
4. Sunset.. This simple LO took me on a bit of a roller coaster ride in regards to the attention it got on TwoPeas. :) I was both shocked and overawed with the love scrappers gave it. Thank you..x
5. Mr?.. Ah! My Girl. Sort of... LOL! She is my constant source for scrapping the fun and zany!
6. Original.. okay.. Having just said that about Tahlia (12 yrs) above.. Liam (10yrs) is not far behind her in the crazy stakes! LOL! However, he is MUCH harder to get in front of the camera. Therefore, this LO makes it into my top 12. *grin*
7. First Snow.. More of our 2011 holiday scrapped. :)
8. Art.. Oh my. This boy loves his art and craft with a passion. This LO of Ethan (6yrs) with paint all over his hands and formed into the shape of a heart was my submission for Jillibean Soup.
9. The Pink Legwarmers.. Dance has been a big role in Tahlia's (and the rest of the family's) life this year. It was only fitting that a few photos of her in the dance studio made it to the scrapbooking page.
10. Sonshine.. Another baby photo of Cameron scrapped. I guess I'm not a slave to scrapping things chronologically! LOL! Love the colours and the simplicity. Also a fave because it was created while being filmed for The Scrapbook Store! See >>here<<.
11. Ribbons.. More dance but specifically has hidden journaling about her journey through dance.
12. Daddy Hugs.. I wouldn't be true to myself is I didn't say this was one of my favourite LOs this year. It made the cover of Scrapbooking Memories and had me happy dancing for a few days!
So there you have it. My 2012 favourites. Do you have a list? I must admit I think it has made me focus a little on what I have actually scrapped and the things I have missed that should be written down.. Maybe I should make a list of those things now and scrap them before memory fades.. hmmm.. I think I have just found my New Year's project resolution. :)
Thanks for visiting..x