Thursday, November 20, 2014

Scraptastic Club | Shake It Off

 Hello Friends!  Up on the Scraptastic Club blog today I am sharing two quick and easy ways to enhance or create your own embellishments.

I absolutely adore the November Shake It Off kit and it already comes with gorgeous products to embellish your pages.  But sometimes I want to add a little extra something, just to make my layout feel complete.  Especially if it helps to relay the story I am documenting.

"You Had Me At Hello"
 
products used: Scraptastic Club Kit - Shake It Off; Add On - Shake It Off; Stamp Set - Shake It Off; Cut Aparts - Shake It Off; other - mist (Heidi Swapp); tools - typewriter, gold pen.
 

On this first layout, I enhanced the Jillibean Soup mini placemat by misting it and adding gold highlights...
 
 
The mist provided the colour I wanted but after placing the mini placemat onto the patterned paper of my layout, it tended to become lost.  Thank goodness for gold pens and a reasonably steady hand!!  I placed the dried placemat onto a foam mat to help keep the penmanship neat.
 

 
The mini placemat/title card was then added to the cluster near my photos to help highlight the premade embellishment of the typewriter.
 

 
And I love that the Shake It Off Stamp Set provided extra hints to support the typewriter story with both the font and bold "+'s".
 

 
With my second layout, I have created a very simple embellishment using cardstock, patterned paper and the Shake It Off Stamp Set.

"Here's The Story"


products used: Scraptastic Club Kit - Shake It Off; Add On - Shake It Off; Stamp Set - Shake It Off; Flair - Shake It Off; other - twine; tools - typewriter, machine stitching, hole punch.
 
I needed a place to add journaling to my layout "Here's the Story".  My patterned paper choices were already quite busy but the clear stamp brushstroke image sparked an idea and allowed me to add an area of white space without adding more clutter.
 


 
Head on over to the blog for more details.
 
To finish my layout I added the rest of the embellishments on a diagonal line to help lead the eye back to the journaling.
 



 
 Thanks for visiting..x
 


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee those sweet photos on the first one!!!!!!

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

Your layouts are fantastic as always! You have a way with design, that I absolutely love