Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fancy That...

Today I want to share another layout created for The Papercraft Hub.  This image of Liam has been sitting on my desk for some time.  I guess I've just been waiting for the right kind of inspiration to scrap it!  LOL!  So with ANZAC day recently past, I decided it was time to document the story...

My son Liam, celebrates his birthday on Remembrance Day - November 11.  Last year he claimed it was his "luckiest" birthday ever with the date falling on 11.11.11.  :)  But regardless of it being lucky or not, Liam has always had a deep interest in knowing more about the day itself.  Remembrance Day is a favourite subject of his, at school.

Last year, during our big family camping trip, we took an opportunity to visit Canberra's War memorial.  It is such a spectacular place and we would have loved to have spent much more time there than we actually did.

What we did do however, was take a guided tour at one stage, and I was so proud of the way Liam stood so attentive, asking many questions.

This photo was snapped as he stood in front of the wall of Remembrance.


products used: cs - kaisercraft; pp - Pretty Little Studio, Nikki Sivils, Jillibean Soup; alphas - Jenni Bowlin; FTD - filmstrip, build a bloom, scallop floret; other - buttons, machine stitching, crate paper sticker, bingo marker, maya road transparency & kraft calendar, string, glimmermist (juniper), paint, the crafters template (small circles), d-lish washi tape.

I have used the new release Fancy That Dies filmstrip, build a bloom and the scallop floret.  I've torn the filmstrip in half again and used only half of the build a bloom to replicate the poppies in the photos.

Thanks for visiting..x


Monica said...

Wow, you have scrapped these photos perfectly!
Loving the details here, the die cuts are awesome!!

WendyMac said...

A most precious LO Leanne - love the sentiments and the pics are fabulous. x

Lizzy Hill said...

Stunning. Just about sums it up:):) Soooo wish I had your talent:):):)

Gail L said...

Absolutely beautiful - both the layout and the meaning/story behind it. xxx

Kim said...

Oh my that photo is so striking Leanne, another stunner of a layout!