Thursday, November 21, 2013

Jillibean Soup | Best Day Ever...

Hello Friends!  Today I wanted to share my layout created for Jillibean Soup.  I was totally inspired by our Christmas being celebrated in Summer and wanted to convert it onto a page.  The stitching on the stars and the beach theme really make me happy! *grin*  It is a long way from the traditional red and green theme of Christmas but who's to say we can't change it up every now and then!  :)

 "best.day.ever"

products used: cs - Kaisercraft; pp - Jillibean Soup (Cold Avocado Soup); other - Jillibean Soup: wooden button, stampable frames, flash cards, soup labels, wise words; mist; tools - typewriter, silhouette portrait.



 
Stars are quite universal at Christmas time, don't you think? Stitching over them like this reminds me of those banner/strings that are popular to wrap around gifts.  I've seen quite a bit of fancy gift wrapping over on Pinterest! LOL! Anyway...  I would probably label this type of gift wrapping under "the little things, my little people wouldn't appreciate!" *grin*  After all, at the moment they are only interested in what is on the inside of the package!
 
So, what's inspiring you these days?  Blogs? Pinterest? Christmas? Thanks so much for visiting...x
 
 


16 comments:

Michelle said...

This is such a wonderful page. I think I could get used to Christmas at the beach. :) I am so very over the snow and most definitely done with the cold. The people in my house wouldn't appreciate that fancy wrapping either. :)

Natalie Elphinstone said...

It's a very Aussie Christmas theme though I think. Beach shots, bright summery colours. And the stars, yes the stars are FABulous!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I love love love love the colors and all the stars!!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

This certainly is summer in oz, love the stitched stars and the yellow colors are perfect for the sunshiney sandy beach photos.. and our christmasas are very summery here.. this looks fresh and fun and full of life!! love it!

MelB said...

Gorgeous layout, fabulous design!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

I love it! The stars are such a great touch!!

Lizzy Hill said...

The stars have it...fabulous & VERY different & VERY 'Aussie'......what's inspiring me? FB....checking out everyone's wonderful work makes me want to try stuff!!!!!!!!!!

Kerryn said...

This looks familiar ;). Absolutely gorgeous!

Gina Lideros said...

Love the rows of stitched stars on this!

Ashley Horton said...

I love the non-traditional Christmas look to this layout, Leanne! And the stars and wood grain give it just a touch of that Christmas-y feel!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous page!! Love the stitched stars! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Kim said...

Those stars are to die for Leanne, I need you to come over and make me use my cameo!

Sarah said...

This is just gorgeous Leanne - I love non-traditional Xmas pages!

Tarrah McLean said...

So gorgeous and Summery Leanne, love that you did yellow stars...amazing work as always x

Rachael Funnell said...

it may be far from the traditional Red & green Christmas theme... BUT! this looks FANTASTIC! LOVE IT!

Keri said...

Yes, the stars are perfect for a Christmas page, summer or winter, love it! :) Love the tone-on-tone title and the journaling strips here too, Leanne!