Friday, October 23, 2015

Bella BLVD | Snap...

This week over at Bella Blvd, the design team are looking beyond at the Campout Collection to create projects that possibly don't match up with the Great Outdoors!  I wanted to document Liam's accident on the hockey field which ruled him out of playing for his team during the State Titles... three days later.

"Snap"

Products Used: cs - American Crafts; pp - Bella Blvd | Campout: Under The Stars, In The Woods, Daily Details, Borders, Go Jump In The Lake, Trail Mix; Alphas - Bella Blvd | Campout Treasures&Text; other - Bella Blvd: Color Chaos Clear Cut | Pickle Juice Confetti; water colour paint; tools - silhouette portrait, typewriter.



When using the Campout collection to help convey the story on my layout, I've looked beyond the normal concepts for putting a page together and refocused on the colors and patterns.  My son had a terrible accident during a sporting event leaving him unable to play for the rest of the season but even worse than that, completely eliminating him from participating in State Titles the very next week end. For a 12 year old, it was the end of the world!

I wanted to share his devastation on the page by adding sharp angles, as seen in the triangle paper sharpening the soft lines of the cut out letter 'S' and broken lines which are layered beneath the photo. The stars and spots were also added to relate the idea of what he saw in front of his eyes, at the time of the break, while the flowers signify the many get well wishes.


Sometimes I wonder if I read too much into patterned paper when I put my layouts together. But ultimately everything on my page supports the story I want to document, regardless of the specific collection I am creating with.


If you would like to see what the others design team members are creating, don't forget to head on over to the Bella blog.  Thanks for visiting..x

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee you how did the title! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!