Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Bella Blvd | Invisibles & Ears...

Hello Lovely Friends!  This poor little blog has been somewhat neglected again. But I am back today to share a layout created for Bella Blvd.  This blog post's title seems a little strange if not down right bizarre. I promise however, once I share, it will all start to make sense! LOL!
 
 
This week on the Bella blog, the creative team are focusing their creative minds on how to use the Invisibles Specialty papers. I love these transparencies; they are a little thicker than normal transparency paper and a lot sturdier than vellum sheets. Here's my project..
 
"Ears"
 
products used: cs - American Crafts; pp - Bella Blvd: Campout; Simply Spring; Bella Blvd Invisibles - Click! Click!, Blessings, Chit Chat, A Day At A Time; other - Bella Blvd: Treasures & Text, Enamel Dots, Crochet Hearts, Ciao Chip chipboard, Bella Bows; embroidery thread; Tools - typewriter, machine stitching, paper piercer.
 
Is the title starting to make sense now? *grin*
 
When putting this layout together, I knew I wanted to create a fun title! I wanted it to be large and I wanted the title to have layers - much like you would see on an illustration of a bunny rabbit.  With the Simply Spring collection and the fabulous Color Chaos Invisibles range I've created a fun look held together with hand stitching!
 
 
The first step was to select my patterned papers and cut large title letters with my silhouette. I followed the same procedure when cutting the letters from the transparent sheets of Invisibles. Before choosing which letter would be layered with which Invisible sheet, I made certain I could see both the patterned paper and Invisibles features. To finish off the title, I pre-pierced holes through both layers and hand stitched with coordinating thread.
 
 
To add to my layout, I've placed a white Bella Bow directly to the photo to make it look a bow tie. And I don't know if you can see in the photo or not, but this boy is pushing his very loose tooth over the top of his lip to get the "toothy" bunny rabbit effect!
 
 
Finally, I've played with the journaling to form a circle on white cardstock. Another subliminal message that I was documenting Easter, referring to not so round Easter Eggs!
 
 
Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you get the chance to visit the Bella blog this week for more fun inspiration using the Invisibles Specialty papers..x
 
 
 


4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Saw this this morning on BB's blog and absolutely LOVEEEEEEEEEEE how you did the "EARS"!!!! So CUTE!! And loving that adorable photo!!!!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Super, duper adorable, Leanne! That photo is precious, and your page highlights it beautifully! So many gorgeous, pastel details to really drive home your theme, and I love the hand-stitching! Just darling!

Lizzy Hill said...

Fabulous! So imaginative & creative... The title is a stand out for me.... & the egg (!!) journaling:):)

Lizzyc said...

Love the title and the stitching looks wonderful! Cute photo! Love the colors!