Sunday, February 7, 2010

A little bit MORE rain...

Did we venture outside of our front door today? Well, the answer is yes. We needed staples. Bread and milk!! Especially if we are going to become an island on the mainland sometime today or tonight! LOL!!

I'm so glad I took the camera. I don't think you'd believe me if I said this rain only started last night....

This was the view going into the main shopping area of town...

And this is the river we needed to cross to get our shopping...

And this is the local park and playground...

Can you see the green, picnic shelter roof, just above the waterline (under the trees on the left-hand side of pic)..?

And this!...Maybe those rowboats I was talking about in the last post aren't metaphorical... This is on the school bus route!


Hhhhmmmm! I may have to double check this before the kids go to school tomorrow!

4 comments:

Leanne J said...

wow.. saw the pics of the rain around Brissy etc and thought of all my scrappy friends.. wow what great photos but oh no alittle too much rain..

Leanne J said...

wow.. saw on the news all the rain and thought of all my scrappy friends around brissy and where its been raining.. we've only had alittle bit.. hope you are all safe and well..

Sarah Lou said...

Oh that looks more then a mite scary!!

Elise said...

WOW!!!! I guess the Cabollture river broke her banks! So glad we didn't get the rain that they did down south.......didn't feel like drying out the bottom of the house again!
Have a great week and stay dry!