Monday, January 24, 2011

*sob* Another one at school...

...hee! Sorry. I've been a bad blogger but my little man started Prep this week. So, I'm sure you'll forgive me - since I've had the wind knocked out of my sails! LOL! (Especially when he still asks me if I'll miss him!).

Okay...So this is not the first time I've done the whole "my baby is starting school! When did he find the time to grow up!" routine! In fact it's not even the second time I've gone through it. LOL! No seriously.... It wasn't that bad.... this time! hee! I am very glad to report he was very comfortable going to school.
He has never had kindy or day care - so it was all very new for him. And I guess that's exactly where all my concerns lie.
But I'm back on track now and I have even had the motivation to scrap! Yay! As for Ethan... Well... There were mixed feelings on his first day. He was ever so brave and a little bit nervous too!


But most of all, he was "super" excited!!

In the back of his mind, he knew he had his big brother and big sister close by for support... Even though older school students aren't allowed near the Prep area during school hours.
And once he found his name badge and got inside his classroom...
All was "cool" with a big thumbs up! No tears. From Ethan or from me! And the best part of the day for him, was his teacher. Especially since she knows how to tie shoe laces! Hmmm... Too cute!

7 comments:

Jules said...

aww super sweet leanne... now we've both got one more to go... but i don't even want to think about that yet! :) x

Leanne J said...

oh Leanne. .what special photos... and wow what a boy... no tears... what a trooper..
well so what are you goin to do now with only 1 lil man at home....

Kerryn said...

awwww. They look so grown up and so little at the same time when they start school.

Unknown said...

WTG Ethan!! You look gorgeous in your new uniform! Hope you have a great year!

Samantha Hauzer said...

Aww..how cute does he look in his uniform!

Kirsty said...

Awww Leanne (((hugs))) I was terribly devastated when my little man started Prep last year :(
He looks lovely in his uniform!

Anonymous said...

Hi my beautiful boy. Great to see you love your new school and no tears. i bet mum had tears. You look so little in your uniform. Liam and Tahlia looking great as well.
Love Nannie