Friday, September 26, 2008

Moving house...

One of the things I have wanted to do for some time now is have our infamous RED cubby house moved into the side garden. It had been sitting down towards the back of our house block for about 24 months now, just out of reach for Ethan to play in. When we got our dog almost two years ago, we decided to fence off a part of our garden to keep him out and the kids in. However, in the process, the cubby house was fenced out as well.

Ethan always wanted to play in it. Why wouldn't you. It was bright RED (another story altogether) and like a beacon calling out to the kids. But because of the size of our yard, I would never leave him down there unsupervised.

So after much prodding of the husband, a bit of pleading to the neighbours, I finally got my way. The cubby house made a 15-20 metre trip from one resting place to another. Yay!

Ethan loves it. And Tahlia and Liam have also enjoyed the benefit of the cubby being moved.
Furniture has been moved in and artwork went up on the wall. There are plans for paint work and the door has new hinges. *sigh* There's no place like a pretend, miniature version of home. Lol!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

How awesome for the kids. I still remember my cubby house and the games that I used to play in it. We have no room for one here as the dog now has ownership of the back yard. :(
Glad to see that the rugrats are enjoying it.

Leanne :)
xxx

Belinda Venables said...

What cute little cosy cubby house! Glad the big move went well...hehe.

xx

Sheree said...

They're sure to have HEAPS of fun with their 'new' cubby! Should make for a great weekend!

Sheree xx

Anonymous said...

Why do I always feel like you're getting a dig at me when you say 'RED cubby house.' Tahlia wanted a red one!!!

Lorraine said...

WOW! I would have loved this when I was little, and I'm sure that T, L and E will love it too. xx