Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Create +Fancy That...

Hello Friends.  Today I wanted to share with you, a layout I've created with the new release dies from The Papercraft Hub.  And finally it is a layout from our big family trip last year!  Yes.  I know.  I am so far behind in my scrapping.  It is such a good thing then, that I DON'T scrap in chronological order! hee hee...

Mark and the kids were sitting on the steps of The Sydney Opera House having a little rest from all the walking we'd been doing and it was too good an opportunity not to take a photo!  I snapped a couple of photos of the older three kids as well, while on approach to the Opera House.  We definitely played the part of being the tourist that day!!

{The Tourist}

products used: cs - kaisercraft; pp - MME, Jillibean Soup, Basic Grey, Kaisercraft; alpha - October Afternoon mini alphas, American Crafts chipboard thickers; FTD - filmstrip, swirly flourish, butterfly quartet; other - machine stitching, black pen (sharpie), Tattered Angels glimmermist (sunflower & juniper).

On this layout, I have used the filmstrip:

 

But I have torn it down the middle and have joined the "solid" ends back together.  I have done this to extend the look of the filmstrip and to create something with a little more interest on my page.  I quite like the way it lifts up at the ends too.  :)


I have also used the new swirly flourish:


and the butterfly quartet.




Again, the delicate and fine lines on both of these dies create a transparent look throughout the layers.  I've even used the off cut from the butterfly quartet as a mask for my home made shipping tag!  LOL!

There are some gorgeous new product in the shop too and I can't wait to play with them.  Head on over there and check them out!  Stay tuned for some more creativeness to come...

Thanks for visiting...x

5 comments:

Keira said...

Nice work, I am really glad to be 1 of several visitants on this awful site : D

Lizzy Hill said...

LOVE the butterflies...& also that orange tag tucked behind ~ looks really great ~ you are having fun with those dies:):)

Denise said...

Great LO, love the colour combination and the dies work so well. Glad to see you having such fun by our spectacular city harbour.

Karen Shady said...

hello my friend :) this is a gorgeous LO, I love the way you used the filmstrip. Great photos of the kids, and I hope Tahlia had fun at her first camp :) Hope everything is good in you world ATM xx

Unknown said...

STUNNING! Love the misted butterflies! :))x