Tuesday, January 3, 2012

52 photos...week 1

Okay.  So I am going to try this.  Post one photo for the week and then tell the story behind it! Every Tuesday...hopefully!  LOL!  I don't know how successful I'll be. But I sure will try to complete this goal.  And it all falls under my wish to document the quirky stories that occur within my family dynamics.  Who knows what this will lead to.  And I have NO doubt at all that I will scrap some of these stories.  Well... That's bound to happen here.  Right?! hahaha..

I have to say though, to eliminate some of the pressure of posting only the best and most spectacular of photos, I will make a commitment to myself to only add photos that have a story to tell.  You know the ones.. they maybe grainy and have low light.  They maybe overexposed and have no composition.  But if there's a story to share behind the image, I want to document it.  All part of my 2012 plan to tell my story. ;D

I know this isn't a new idea.  Far from it.  LOL!  But by putting this out there, in blogging/cyber space... I might in some small way, encourage you to tell the story of a photo without the pressurized need to scrap it.  If you know what I mean.  After all, doesn't this idea make it easier to scrap at a later date?  Make your LOs become a little more focused?  Of course there is no right or wrong way to scrap.  My urge is plainly to tell the story.  Sometimes a paragraph, a series of note points or perhaps even an epic tale. Whatever is needed.  :D

So here goes.. Week One:

{Firey Shapes}
Tahlia: 01 Jan - our side yard.

Today we experimented with light.  Sparkles and light! And what a better way to bring in the New Year.  Our first attempt wasn't too great.  It really wasn't dark enough to capture the trails of sparks to make our shapes.  But it was fun.  And after dinner we tried again.  This time we had more success.  All the kids wanted to make shapes appear, as if like magic, in the photos.  We got adventurous too.  Not only did we have complete circles but Liam created a letter "L" and Simone produced the number "2".  Hahaha!  Very adventurous.  Unfortunately with fire comes heat and fingers were burnt.  Several fingers.  Normally the kids are very good and in control of not touching the "hot" parts.  But I guess the excitement and their eagerness got the better of them.  Happy New Year..x

5 comments:

Mel said...

We dud the exact same thing on NYE! Great pic!

Sheree said...

Fantastic photo Leanne! Love your idea of 52 photos. I look forward to seeing each one and reading your stories!

Sheree xx

WendyMac said...

Awesome pic Leanne and love the idea of the 52 photos. Look forward to seeing them all. x

Gail L said...

Lovin' this concept Leanne! Good luck with sticking with it - I know you will though!

Linda Eggleton said...

Awesome photo & I love the story behind it...looking forward to more in the future :)