Friday, August 10, 2012

Photogenic...

Hello friends.  I'm just checking in to let you know that the kids and hubby are back on the mend and slowly returning to normal health!!  lol! Thank you to all those who left messages of support, sympathy and or get well wishes.  We certainly needed the positive thinking.  But today, I am also checking in with you all to share a layout that I managed to create among the chaos that has been happening at home this week.  :)

Okay.  So I know I am totally biased when it comes to our kids.  It's genetically wired into us as parents, I'm sure, to believe that our children are the cutest kids on earth, with the sweetest of smiles.  :)  And of course it helps portray that image when we usually only share the best photos we have of them. ;D  But it wasn't until recently, when  a friend was looking through my photos of Tahlia and just stopped and said.. "Gee... She's so photogenic", that I really stopped to think about it. 


There was a certain amount of pride as I just stood back, smiled and silently agreed.  :)  And I know that at the moment (aged 12) she is starting to get really body conscious with certain WRONG ideas in her head as to what the media says she should look like, just to be pretty.  So the photogenic conversation and her body image ideas have obviously stuck in my head.  Because as I sat down to scrap in the last day or two, I converged the two thoughts into one and this is what I produced...


"photogenic"

products used: cs - bazzill, bo bunny swiss dot; pp - Crate Paper, kaisercraft, bo bunny, October Afternoon, American Crafts, Sassafras, Echo Park; alpha - Lily Bee; Fancy That Dies - photo corners 2, Doily Flower 1, sweet blooms; other - Girls' paperie cardstock stickers, abi's craft bling, kaisercraft; pearl brad & diecut, Crate Paper stickers (studio calico), American Crafts Amy Tangerine clear stamps, Close to my Heart ink (lagoon, chocolate), sequins, baker's twine, Marrtha Stewart border punch, mister huey's mist.



I have used the new release Doily Flower 1 and photo corners 2 from the Fancy That Dies range available from The Papercraft Hub.  And yes... I've snuck in the sweet blooms die...again!


I've cut out two of the doily flower 1's and used one as a matte under the main cluster.  The other one I simply trimmed down to create these lacy edges on my border.  A cute feminine touch. :)


I've also gone on to journal some more private thoughts about her ideas and included it as hidden journaling on my layout.  I want her to remember how I interpreted her feelings on the subject of body image, at a later date.  And no matter what anyone else says... I think she is the cutest, most photogenic girl on the planet! hahaha.. maybe even in the whole universe.  :)

----------------------------------------------------------------


And finally today!  I want to wish my cute little nephew a very HAPPY 2nd birthday!!  Woo Hoo! 




Have a great day today Elijah!!  ....xxxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone for visiting..x



5 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Amazing how at 12 they are influenced by the media. I think I just wanted boobs at 12....lol, never thinking of the rest of me.
Such a fab page and just love the white space and the pops of black and colour. And it is a stunning photo. Your nephew is a bit cute too...

Lauren T said...

Lovely LO. I really like the use of white space.

Kim said...

In deed she is ...a cover girl no doubt...I love your thouhts on thsi layout to Leanne such an important one for young girls....and well your clustering as always is fabulous!

Melinda Spinks said...

My daughter is the same age and facing the same issues... it's so hard to let them find their way without holding on too tightly to protect them.
Your daughter is definitely a natural in front of the camera and makes the perfect subject for your gorgeous creations.
So glad the household is on the mend.

Unknown said...

Love how you cut the doily flower and placed it around the page. Love your idea of hidden journalling, that way it doesn't take away from the picture. MORE PLEASE :)