Saturday, August 4, 2012

Travel...

We are so lucky to have so many beautiful places to visit in Australia.  Last year (and I am still slowly scrapping our holiday!!) our little family and some of our friends, convoyed with our camper trailers and saw some of the country. 


On that trip, we spent three days in Canberra.  Notably it was very cold.  Freezing in fact!  LOL!  I've probably mentioned that a time or two before!  hahaha.. The weather is a strange thing to dwell on, but remember, we live in the sub-tropics and I don't think we've shivered that much before in our lives!!

"travel"

products used: cs - kaisercraft, core'dinations; pp - American Crafts (Amy Tangerine), Echo Park (dots & stripes); alpha - American Crafts; Fancy That Dies - photo corners 2; other - clear stamps: American Crafts & Maya Road, Greatest View curious badge, Jillibean Soup label stickers, typewriter, martha stewart pinking circle, fiskars tab punch, ink: Close to My Heart (lagoon) & versacolor (charcoal), Mister Huey's mist, hole punch, star punch.

Another quirky memory while in Canberra was at Parliament House.  We were amazed to see the marble foyer and the polished timbers... and that was only after the security guards finished harassing poor Liam (then only 8 years old) because of a faulty security gate...  I was starting to get all "mama bear" up in these burly security guards faces because they were beginning to get a bit rough with him.  >:( Anyway... when the alarm to the security gate went off with the next person and then the next person they realised Liam wasn't hiding some devious plot to bring the Australian Government down...

We eventually focused on the really interesting things in Parliament House.  Like the rows of portrait paintings of former Prime Ministers and the rooftop lawn.  We went into the visitors' gallery where Parliament is held (there was no session that week) and let the kids explore between the rows and rows of seats.

We had a family photo taken on top of the roof, Mark with his broken elbow and Cam stuck in his stroller!  And we could see all the way up Anzac Avenue to the War Memorial building.  A place we spent a full day at previously.

All of the above information has been written down and transferred inside of a homemade file..





And do you see those cute photo corners on the front page?? 


They are part of the new release for the Fancy That Dies!!! I like that they are kind of funky and add that extra bit of oomph!! :)

Soooo... How do you document your travel pages?  Do you include lots of information about the where & when?  Or do you focus on the things that happen in these places?  I like to have a bit of both included in the journaling.

Thanks for visiting..x


13 comments:

Anne P said...

love how you have the hidden journalling and extra pictures on this page.

Lizzy Hill said...

Clever idea, Leanne....I'm just trying to start a journal so all the pretties are added, & all I have to do is write up each day, then leave room for a 6x4 photo for when I get home...got the idea from Sara in NZ blog....in a journal book I've had since forever. Just did my 1st page today...keeping it simple. I tend to write too much!!! Have you noticed.....!!!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is so funky and striking! I too love the hidden journalling! I love to include lots of journalling on my travel pages and I do a bit of both, plus some facts thrown in too for good measure (history facts)... LOL! Always love your work and I look forward to seeing your Masters work in SBM every month! :D

Tina said...

WOW - great colors and a great photo! I must admit, one of my favorite layouts! especially all the little bits and pieces!

Kim said...

This is divine Leanne, I love your sprinkling of embellies especially!

Melinda Spinks said...

The famous layout... I can see why it's been pinned - just stunning!!! :)

Kerryn said...

This is gorgeous Leanne! I love the colour scheme and your file folder!!

Anu said...

I came here from Two Peas 'cause of this LO and I love what you have here. Happy to become a reader!

Leanne said...

Welcome Anu! I am happy to see a new friend here. I hope you enjoy what you see..x

ps - thanks for leaving me a comment. :)

Leanne said...

hahaha! so funny!! :D

Unknown said...

LOVE the hidden journalling and the layout!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Love this LO. Did something similar to a vacation LO - how did you keep the folder closed when you turn the page? Looking for ideas -thanks

Leanne said...

@ Mrs Yoder. I can't leave a comment on your blog so will comment here. The folder lays flat in my album. To read the contents, the LO needs to be removed from its protective sheet. Thanks for enquiring..x