Friday, June 17, 2011

Create...

Today's post over at Kaisercraft features some more of the Pink Gelato collection.  I love the little umbrellas that are interspersed throughout the range and I couldn't let an opportunity go by without playing with them! LOL!  

I have also seen a recent layout created by the fabulous Kim Watson, who used stitching and brads as raindrops.  I love this idea, but I wanted to try it with kaisercraft's pearls and rhinestones.

[Rain Dance]



It is quite a subtle yet effective technique and I think I'll probably use it again. Thanks Kim for your awesome idea! LOL!

ps - hee hee... Look at Tahlia!  She is about 3 years old in the photo.  See!  I am slowly going through my stash of endless photo piles.  Thanks for visiting...x

8 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

Lovely. I've been wanting to try the sewn rain look on a layout but don't have any good rainy day photos!

Chloe said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the umbrellas and the stitched rain! Yep, an awesome effect :-) Have a great weekend!

Kerryn said...

This is fabulous Leanne! Your stitched rain looks amazing!!

Nay and Gilly said...

this is gorgeous Leanne! love your beaded rain!
luv Renee

Kim said...

OOOO i loved Kim's stitched rain too, this looks AMAZING Leanne, I love the fesh colours and the aqua raindrops are PERFECT!

FIL said...

Love these last few scraps you've done, hard to pick a favourite though the Rainy Day one does bring back lots of memories of our wonderful little girl. Do like the Egg Collector as well though, Cameron is turning into a real character!

Anonymous said...

ohh cool idea love it and a precious photo to scrap too xx

Sara said...

I LOVE the stitching and rhinestones, such a great idea.