Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hair yesterday, gone today...

I've had my hair cut.  So?.... you say.... That's not a biggie... Well to me it is. LOL!!!! Those who know me (family and face to face friends) have always known me with long hair.  Not just medium length hair, but a halfway down my back and keep going sort of length. :)



And always tied back in a pony tail.  Except when I felt like doing something a little bit fancy and pulled it even higher and further back from my face!  LOL!!  


Whatever works right?!

Sure, I've had the regular trim and tidy up.  It was reasonably healthy... I've even dabbled with the thought of going short many, many times....and always chickened out at the last minute.  Although there was this one time where I did follow through just after Ethan was born.  My hair always grows seriously fast, and even faster during pregnancy.  I remember thinking after baby #3, that this was insane!  My hair was driving nuts and it was just the little things like it was getting too heavy for the hair tie.... silly, I know.

But I had the chop then too.


(Liam may or may not of had a bit of a haircut at the same time!) HAHAHA!  But as you can see it still had a little bit of length.  Enough for me to be able to pull it back if required....

But now!  My hair went from this last week....


To this... as it is now.



No length.  And a cold breeze running across the back of my neck!  LOL! I'm getting a LOT of second looks and I must admit I feel really self conscious!  But it's too late now to go back and the glue is staying with my scrapping supplies!

Sorry to bore you all with this "big" news! HAHAHA!  But my Mum wanted photos and I thought this was more entertaining than sending her a mundane e-mail.

So tell me....TRUTHFULLY...(and I know I am opening myself up to reading comments that might make me cringe....)  What do you think?  Should I have stuck with the same ol', same ol' hair do?  I need to know if I am hiding beneath a few beanies and hats for the next month or two!  LOL!  Thank goodness it's Winter! hee hee....x

8 comments:

Mardi said...

Its gorgeous Leanne..it looks like a beautiful little pixie style cut....my favourite short style.
I adored your lovely long hair too....but its so nice to have a change....and it will always grow again.
Well done for being so brave.
Mardi x

Kerryn said...

Wow, that's a dramatic change. It looks GOOD!!!!!!!

Alanna said...

WOW!! What a change! Good on you!! :) :)

It looks really good... hope you don't get too chilly though!

Anonymous said...

Le, I love it - you look so so young like a teen again... even though you are not very old, also love the colour and fringe. Very fashionable'
Love Mum

Rachael Funnell said...

looks Awesome! Your very Pretty So either way!! I say do what you works for you @ the time & if your hair grows fast then if you change your mind, it wont take long to grow back...... We all need change sometimes!! Good for You!

Jules said...

Woootwhooo!! (that was a wolf whistle!!) :))... looks GREAT Leanne! Nevr thought i'd go short either because my hair is soooo thick, i thought i'd look all head! lol... amazing what a good hairdresser can do to make it all disappear. You are such a stunning, fearless momma! hehe. LOVE it! xx

Judy Beeksma said...

Great haircut!!!

Sheree said...

You're so brave for taking the plunge...especially in this cold weather...but it looks fabulous Leanne! It really suits you!! :)

Sheree xx