Wednesday, February 22, 2012

52 photos...week 8

{blah.. blah}


Recently I went to my very first scrap crop at the very lovely Kim Jeffress' place.  It was so nice to be able to sit and scrap.  all.  day!!  LOL!  Kim was the most wonderful hostess and not only did I get to catch up with her, but Gail as well!  Yay!!  What a day.

But while I was there... I was inspired.  Not only by these amazingly talented ladies but also by the equipment they used.  Namely... one old fashioned writing devise.  The humble typewriter!!  LOL! 

So... I went searching on ebay.  My birthday was coming up and I had decided that I needed one too.  ha ha... (This is what I needed to be in the "in" crowd right?) And guess what.  I'm sure it was meant to be.  Listed on ebay was this Adler typewriter.  No bids.  $20.  Good condition.  AND... It was local!!  I couldn't believe it.

My kids look at it with a mixture of amusement and curiosity.  "How does it work, Mum?" "Where's the mouse?" "Do you need to get a monitor to go with it?"  Bwhahahahaha! Sadly I didn't make those questions up.  *sigh*

6 comments:

Jules said...

Yay you! What a find. I've thought for some time that i need one of those too!! lol x

Jasmine S said...

Good on you. My sister had a typewriter and I was always so jealous that she got one and I didn't. I really wish I had it now. But, Ebay here I come. Thanks for the tip and cannot wait to see what you do with yours.
And yes, I have tried to explain to the kids what a typewriter is and they just don't get it. Another reason to buy one I say (well that is what I will tell hubby).

Denise said...

So jealous would love to able to join Kim for a scrap crop - she introduced me to scrapping and we had many fun nights going to classes - I said then she should run classes as she very rarely copied the class as such and always had great ideas - rescued my layouts many times!
i love how you used the envelopes on Greatest View blog especially the bright yellow flower.

Lizzy Hill said...

Yeah...crop days...aallll day.... I've turned green with envy!!! Love the typewriter. I was trying to explain to my eldest about TWIN TUB washing machines the other day, try that one! MY DS looked highly amused:):))

Kim said...

teeheee gotta love kids!!!!!!!
PS cant wait for the next crop together!

Gail L said...

That is awesome! I love my typewriter soooo much! And Amelia loves typing on it too! I often wonder what my neighbours think when they hear me clanking away on the old typewriter . . .