Saturday, February 4, 2012

Create + Share...

Today I want to share with you a layout created for The Boxx.  I am posting a series of tips and easy to use ideas to help launch you into using more journaling on layouts....January's tip is about incorporating the title as part of the journaling process.


I find that the "long" title draws me into the story being shared.  It is most definitely a starting point - a first paragraph if you like.. :)

Here's my layout:

[Have Faith]
products used: cs - bazzill; pp - October Afternoon; alpha - American Crafts, October Afternoon, kaisercraft mini alphas; other - October Afternoon stickers, string, machine stitching, tim holtz distress ink, shipping tag, kaisercraft ink (antique blue, sepia).

If you think this LO looks odd, because it is about encouraging journaling and you can't really see any on the sample... well... LOL!! My journaling has been hidden behind shipping tag!!


Be sure to visit The Boxx blog for more ideas and inspiration.  Thanks for visiting..x

..............................................................................
Oh!!!  And one last thing.  It's FREE class weekend at Miss Art's Papercrafting school.  The fabulous Lisa Valentine is being featured.  Check this out:


Hope you have fun!

9 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

Really love this layout. The colours, the banners, the string. Gorgeous!

Lizzy Hill said...

Cute li'l video...off the check out the free class now.... aha! v clever with the journaling...but I love the 3 'matching' tags you used as your bg paper.... REALLY neat idea:):)

Jules said...

Love it leanne! I'm a massive fan of the extended title! :) x

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

Love the colors and All the little overlapping flags

Sheree said...

Loving this page Leanne with the banner and twine! Gorgeous!

Sheree xx

Kerryn said...

Love the idea of a title telling the story. Fabulous page, love the layered banner!

Elizabeth said...

Leanne I love your layout its gorgeous! I have been thinking how much I need to journal more. Tell the story more so. I've been working on that this year more too!!!!

Hope you have a terrific week! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
e.

Melinda Spinks said...

Leanne, your layout is just beautiful and the colour scheme is equally yummy. I'm another one that can put their hand up for not doing enough journaling, so I love your idea of hiding it all behind the shipping tags. :)

Carol said...

this layout is just stunning! I so love your style and am always inspired. I have a little nugget for you on MY blog ;)