Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Create x 2...

Hi Everyone!  Firstly I just want to say thanks to all the wonderful bloggers and friends who always leave such nice comments on my blog.  I appreciate every single one of them.  Even more so when I blog about my family and the things we do together.  I know it probably doesn't interest most people! LOL!  But I have to keep "the Family" happy and so I try to intersperse my day to day happenings with the creativeness of scrapping, here on my blog!  Tricky balance huh?! hee hee...

So... Onto the creative stuff!

Today I wanted to share the new sketch release from Sketchabilities as well as the Inspiration Challenge found over at Get Picky.

I loved Sketch #56 as soon as I saw it!!  It has such a classic feel to it...


It's very easy to create a layout from this sketch, so of course, what do I do to it?  Mixed it up a little.

[DinoCakes]
 products used: cs - bazzill, best creations; pp - October Afternoon, Kaisercraft, Echo Park; alpha - My Little Shoebox, Collage Press; other - Jenni Bowlin stickers, Bella! chipboard, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, button, machine stitching, black pen, pink paislee washi tape, kaisercraft printed chipboard, versacolor ink.


It's kinda shabby now! LOL!  I can't wait to see what you can do with this sketch!  Head on over to Sketchabilities and give it a go!!

And if you are in the mood to create more and are just looking for some inspiration, Tanya and Nikki have a fabulous challenge ready for you over at Get Picky!!

This month,we have chosen the word...

"Celebrate"

as the focus for our layouts. 
  You can choose to use the word (or a variation of it, ie. 'celebration') as part of your title or journaling, or you can use the theme of celebrating a special day or holiday like Christmas, someones birthday, celebrate life, good times....

We have so much to be grateful for each and every day, so we want to see how that translates into any or every aspect of your life through what and how you celebrate!
 
The Design Team have still been working with Best Creation products for this challenge and this is what I came up with...

[Celebrate Book Week]
 products used: cs - best creation (glitter); pp - best creation (happy haunting); alphas - American Crafts, best creation; other - best creation stickers, kaisercraft: ink & rhinestones, black pen (sharpie), versacolor ink, machine stitching.

 
I hope these layouts have inspired you to get your scrapping stuff out and try a challenge or two!!  And like I said before... I can't wait to see you over at either site!!  Happy Scrapping!  
 
Thanks for visiting...x

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Love, love, love your Get Picky layout! Great photos too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving lovely comments - much appreciated. xx

Sara said...

Fabulous layouts. I love your take on the sketch.

Kerryn said...

Fabulous pages Leanne!!!!! I adore the way you interpret sketches :).