Saturday, October 22, 2011

My scrap space...

Hi Friends!  If you are looking for the GET PICKY blog hop.... pleases scroll down or visit here.
___________________________________________________


Recently I've had a HUGE clean out of my scrapping area.  Not just the generally tidy up.. but the full on of moving furniture, purging of patterned papers and getting myself so much better organised!! LOL!  It feels so much better to be able to walk into my room and even though it is a shared room (with baby change table, two seater sofa and a gazillion kids toys!!), I feel like I really have a designated area to work in now.

I think the last time I was "forced" to take a photo of my space, I was on the Kaisercraft DT.  And even then I didn't realise what I was in for.  hee hee.  My space was basic.  Incredibly basic.  



Simple and tidy but after working for Kaiser for 12 months, my space shrunk.  LOL!  They are very generous with their products and we, as a DT member, were swamped with all the latest and greatest product they produced!! Boxes and boxes of stuff arrived and I found I was placing them under my table and on the couch to stop from tripping over them!  It was cluttered.  Not all the time but every time I needed to scrap....


So... in the last two weeks, I've had a major scrap overhaul.  LOL!!  For no other reason than it was driving me nuts!  Completely.  I hate being in a disorganised space.  I can't use the products I have effectively (especially if I can't find them!) and it was time to give the camping table back to my hubby!

Well... maybe.  I haven't decided yet because I really like the table space! LOL!! (You can see it against the window in the photo below.)


And so the clean up began.  And I am not being "forced" to take the scrap space photos for any DT project.. hee hee.  This is just for me and anyone who wants a few ideas for their own space.  The end result?  Here goes...


So what do you think?  I think I need another one of the tall shelving units (from Bunnings) as I still have stuff I need to put away.  But for now I am hoping I can find things with a little more ease and get down to doing some more creating!! Yay!

Thanks for visiting...x

14 comments:

Alanna said...

I love seeing scrap room photos!! I would love to see more on all your little nooks and crannies. I see a little sneaky of where your rhinestones/pearls are. More of those shots please Leanne!!

Anne P said...

Wow, that is now sooo neat and tidy, and looks awesome. Must do that sometime myself :)

BethJ said...

LOL! I love how simple your 'before' space was! I must say, it looks nice now. I like all your little bits on your shelf.

Стокли said...

The current state of your space looks good. I would love to have smth like this=)

Nitasha said...

Your space looks fantastic! Love seeing scrap room transformations! Very inspiring-- I so need to purge!

Karen Shady said...

right, you so shouldnt have posted these photos Leanne.... your scrap room looks absolutely amazing. Im so jealous !!!!! I so totally know what you mean about the Kaisercraft DT, their generosity was the undoing of my organized scrap room too. I recognise those balancing boxes very well LOL !!! I have them everywhere still :)you have inspired me now.... thanks for sharing this gorgeous space xx

Lizzy Hill said...

There's nothing like a good clean out to renew the creative urge, I reckon.... a purge leads to an urge??!! Or something. You're getting me inspired by these wonderful photos:)

Kim said...

ooooo THIS LOOKS gorgeous Leanne, I adore all your little elements that make it YOURS!!! can't wait to see it IRL!

Kerryn said...

oh I hear you on this! I have started working on my space but I desperately need to finish it.

LOVE what you have done with your space Leanne :).

Gail L said...

Oh wow! It looks fantastic! Gotta love IKEA - still want to get me some 'Alex' drawers one day! It was so great to meet you the other day and ditto about no longer being a lurker on your blog! Can't wait to scrap with you . . . x

Moonie said...

holy scrapping heck!! When I first saw your scrapping space I was like.. OMG... how can i be such a big fat hog with my space and look what she works with.... but ..... hehehehe... so relieved you have a normal big fat space of your own.. and yes it does get outta control from time to time but that is the pure sign of a fantastic creator... xx thanks for becoming my 51th follower xxxxxx

yyam said...

Well it looks really good right now! :)

P/s: I like my things to be organized too.

Sheree said...

Your new space is looking fabulous Leanne! It must feel so great having everything more organised now. Love your pics!

Sheree xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Your new space looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing... I'm inspired! :D