Friday, February 15, 2013

Jillibean Soup | Love the Little Things...

Hello Everyone.  It's my birthday today and I wanted to share some love with you.  Starting with this little tag/card I made for Jillibean Soup.



products used: cs - kaisercraft; pp - Jillibean Soup; other - Jillibean Soup: tag, twine, soup label; vellum, liquid pearl; tools - flower punch.


I wanted to create something heart shaped for this week, but not necessarily in the traditional sense.  So, I collected several sheets of red/pink Jillibean papers and started punching out small flowers.  Once I had the amount I needed, I started to form them into a heart shape.  Easy peasy.  *grin*

The flowers on their own however, still looked a little flat.  I added some liquid pearl as flower centers just for that extra dimension.  On top of the heart, I adhered a soup label sticker directly to some vellum and cut out a banner shape from each end. The soup label was then mounted onto foam tape.
 
 

I really love how versatile each of the Jillibean Soup patterned papers are!  I have used several collections on this little card, but I don't think you can really tell.  :)

........................................................................

Okay, so as it is my birthday, today I would also love to say thank you to all of my on-line friends who come to visit and leave me wonderful comments to savour.  I really appreciate every one's efforts to leave a kind word.  Not only does it continue to encourage me to create and post here on my blog, but I also gain valuable insight into you, the reader.  I love to visit your blogs.  I love to see your scrapbooking/papercrafting creativity, your scrap spaces and to read about your creative processes!  If I could, I'd spend ridiculous amounts of time on the computer pouring over heaps of scrappy blogs...Ha!  I love them... but that's not going to happen with a three year old in the back ground here!  LOL!!

So... Thank you.  To each and every one of you, who takes time from your busy schedule to leave a little bit of love for me...x

 

11 comments:

Mandalika said...

This is so pretty, the flowers for the heart are wonderful

Kerryn said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having the Happiest of birthdays Leanne :)

Love your work and its so nice to know how much your appreciate blog love..

Kim said...

This one is completely Fabulous Leanne!

Anonymous said...

That tag is gorgeous. Hope you had a great day

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday !!!! Hope you had a great day :) I love your tag - really pretty !

Heather McMahon said...

Lovely card and a huge happy birthday to you! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Lizzy Hill said...

HOpe you have had a LOVEly [couldn't resist that, now could I????!!!] birthday.....21 AGAIN...clever girl:):) Clever card/tag, too.... looks like the top of a cup cake sprinkled with 100's & 1000's..... hope you had a few of those or something equally delectable since it's your birthday, too:):):)!!!!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Well I send you my Happiest wishes for a wonderful birthday and I hope the year ahead is full of wonderful memories... and your tag is soo cute!! I love how you have made the heart!

aba said...

So beautiful!!

Gail L said...

This is just divine Leanne! I really love it! I hope you had a great birthday too xxx