Friday, November 2, 2012

Fancy That Dies | Explore...

Hi Everyone!  I have a confession to make.  I have had this photo sitting in my "to-scrap" pile for quite a while.  Circa 2009.  Before Cam was born.  *grin*


I always knew I wanted to scrap about Liam and Tahlia exploring the beach but I just kept putting it off for some reason...

When I got this fantastic Fancy That Dies - Retro Globe and Stand, the entire layout just came together so easily.

"explore"

products used: cs - Kaisercraft; pp - Authentique; Fancy That Dies - Retro Globe and Stand, Ginko Flourish, Film Strip, Zippity-do-da, Frilled Blossoms; alphas - My Favourite Things - Die-namics (By the Letter); other - Girls' Paperie cardstock stickers, GV sequins, black pen (sharpie); tools - machine stitching.


The globes actually come as a three pack + stand (as seen here).  I love that Australia is featured on one of the dies and that Tasmania hasn't been left off the map!  :)


To complete my layout, I've added a mix of other Fancy That Dies, to the top and bottom edges of the page.  The Ginko Flourish has been turned on its side in hopes that it looks a bit like drift wood and the Frilled Blossom is representing the sun!  LOL! Creative licence.. :)

If you would like to see more ideas on how to use these dies, head on over to The Papercraft Hub.

Thanks for visiting..x


11 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW love those dies and what a gorgeous layout! Glad I'm not the only one that has photos that need scrapping from ages a go! Have a great weekend :)x

Chantalle said...

Thanks for visiting Leanne. Really appreciate the comments! Love this beautiful, clean layout

Unknown said...

Yay to making the map ;)
Love your page, gorgeous!
PS I have way too many photos that I've printed, hoped to scrap and just haven't :)

Kim said...

love this Leanne that photo is a stunner and I adore that map and how you have used it!

Gina Lideros said...

this is such a sweet photo, love those Globes!

Sandie said...

A beautiful layout, and a wonderful topic to journal on and keep. Love your design Leanne...

Heather McMahon said...

Love it Leanne! Very clean and classy. Love those globes..

Melinda Spinks said...

Another beautiful layout... just adore your use of the globe and such a sweet photo. :)

Sarah said...

Leanne this is STUNNING I love what you have done with the globes and your design is perfect! Definitely on my fav list!

Kerryn said...

Gorgeous!!!!! I just love the way everything complements the photo. Love how you have used that die too. Very clever!!

Lizzy Hill said...

That's a DIE....incredible - looks FAB...glad you got to scrap the snap finally!!!