Tuesday, May 13, 2008

National Benchmarking...

Today, tomorrow and Thursday, Tahlia will be sitting for a nation wide benchmarking test for Grade 3s. She has been anxious about it all weekend, to the point where I had to go and speak to her teacher. The testing indicates where she sits as an individual, how the school ranks against other schools across Australia and possibly State against State. (The teachers don't know yet as this is the first year the Queensland Test has become Nationwide.)
Tahlia's teacher has assured her, that she will have nothing to worry about. In fact her teacher told me that Tahlia tends to over think things through, which is a good thing. It's the other kids that are not bothered about it, who will struggle.
So...dropping her off at school this morning, Tahlia is in a much better frame of mind. She even went as far to reassure me (not needed-I'm sure she will have no issues) that she is ready for her "first ever big test in her life!!!" =)



Good Luck Kiddo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling Tahlia,
You have done so well this year at school - you won't have to worry about a thing with your tests. Tip - always check your work a second time if you have finished your tests early. I am sure your school will have great results. Let me know as soon as you get the results. Mum mum would be so proud of you.
Love always Nanny

Anonymous said...

So how did the first day go Tahlia? I don't think you had anything to worry about! Phone Grandma and I and let us know on Wednesday.

Love you

Grandad

Anonymous said...

I am sure Tahlia that you will do very well in your tests. I know you will give it your all, and what ever the result know that i am very proud of you.
Love Uncle Ian

Anonymous said...

Hi Tahlia,
How did the exams go - still waiting to hear how you went. Mum told me the first day was perfect. We are thinking of you up here.
Love Nanny