Thursday, May 29, 2008

Reading...

Tahlia and Liam are getting ready to start the "Premier's Reading Challenge" next week. They have to read 20-30 books in a set amount of time. In Liam's case he can either read them or experience a book...i.e. have a book read to him. Tahlia however, has to do all the reading herself. Luckily this is not a challenge at all for the smarty-pants!!!

Ethan is also getting in on the act. That's fine with me. Apparently new statistics suggest, that for a child to have a love of reading throughout their lifetime, it starts with experiencing approximately 3000 books before they even get to school! We're well and truly on the road with only two years remaining before Ethan reaches that milestone.

So...here's a photo of me and the boys enjoying story time...and yes, I am wearing my Oscar the Grouch, "Get Lost" pj's!!!! Very flattering!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray - a photo of yourself at last - thank you for 'listening'!

Your hair is getting long again...

It's good to hear that Tahlia, Liam and Ethan all enjoy reading.

I wish I was there to read them lots of stories...

Love Lorraine. xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo - As I have said before which one is liam? Which one is Ethan? They have the same haircuts and same faces - Great to see you in the photo too Lee
No wonder they love to read
Love Mum