Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fancy That Dies ... "cold sand"

Hello Friends.  It's time for "Fancy That Wednesday", thanks to The Papercraft Hub.  :)  And I have a layout to share with you that incorporates a few of the gorgeous dies available from the shop...


"Cold Sand"
 
 
cs - kaisercraft; pp - October Afternoon, Bella Blvd, Pink Paislee, Kaisercraft, Crate Paper; alpha - Jillibean Soup; other - Jillibean Soup: corrugated butterfly & word stickers, Bella Blvd stickers, Crate Paper (SC) stickers, GV: badge/flair, twine & sequins, ink: versacolor, kaisercraft paint, typewriter.
 
The scalloped rolled rose from the new release has been layered with the base of several sweet blooms petals.  I love that the effect is so dramatic and has an icy demeanor, accentuated by being cut from the blue cardstock... after all, I was journaling about "cold sand".  a.k.a "snow"!! *grin*




The petals on the rose have been rolled tight and bent ever so slightly to create the fresh opening of a rose.  The ginko die also reminds me of frost spreading across the layers of paper.  I've left some of the leaves to reach upwards, free of adhesive, to add to the look and appeal.  :)


As for the strange title... LOL!  When Tahlia was 22 months old, we traveled to England to visit hubby's family.  It was in February and she (and myself) saw snow for the very first time!  The trouble was, for a beach-going, Summer - loving toddler, it was really hard to explain what snow was! lol! Tahlia however, came up with her own explanation of what it was.  Simply put... it was "cold sand"!

So last year, our very worldly 11yo, decided she could tell her brothers exactly what this business of snow was all about! *grin* I dare say she doesn't really remember her trip to England, but sometimes explanations stick and stay true!  hahaha!
 
Do you have any sayings that stay with you as you or your children grow?! I love jotting these things down and reusing them like this!  Thanks for visiting..x
 

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

SUCH a shame I didn't discover scrapping when my boys were young - I'm sure there was stuff like this...but it's gone forever [sigh]....LOVE how you've picked up the colours in her beanie - they're a really unusual combo...looks fab, tho:):):)

Стокли said...

We have some funny sayings in the family and we still use them, sure=)
I like how you put all your background pieces together. Does it take long for you?

Leanne said...

My background pieces are usually on angles and layered. LOL! Lots of layers! I will often push the pieces around on the cardstock until I am happy with the look. But once I've chosen a colour palette, it really doesn't take me too long to create..x