Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fancy That Dies - "The Great Outdoors"...

Hello Everyone!  Today I am back to share a little "Fancy That Dies" goodness thanks to The Papercraft Hub! This week I have once again combined a layout about my older boys and... wait for it... flowers! LOL! (The things I do to my boys.. *grin*)...
 
 
"The Great Outdoors"
 
products used: Fancy That Dies - photo corners 2, frilled blossoms, swirly flourish, scalloped rolled rose, Moroccan wall paper, scalloped floret. cs - kaisercraft; pp - Bo Bunny; alpha - kaisercraft mini, jillibean soup; other - Greatest View: sequins & "family" definition badge, washi tape, Stampin' Up buttons.  photo credit: Brock Beazley Photography

I love creating interesting backgrounds, especially when it draws the focus to my photos.  The added texture/layer creates a fun element on my page.  This gorgeous Moroccan die reminds me of a garden trellis and playing outside.  Something my older boys love to do. 
 
The flowers I’ve added to this boyish layout have been cut from masculine colours.  Surely that counts for something! *grin*  The “frilled blossoms” look amazing teamed up with the “scalloped rolled rose” and the smaller “scalloped floret”.



And to add some depth to the paper garden I’ve created, I have tucked a "swirly flourish" beneath the flower petals.  Again the flourish emphasises the idea of a garden trellis with vines growing over it. 
To finish off my layout I’ve added a journaling pocket to hold the details and decorated it with a simple “photo corner”.
So there you have it.  Another boyish layout with flowers! hee hee.  Thanks for visiting..x
 
...........................................................................
 
ps - Thank you to everyone who left some blog or facebook love about my new exciting Bella BLVD adventure!!  I appreciate each and every comment...x



14 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Love that background paper and the colours you have used. The frame looks awesome and what a sweet pic. I would never see my eldest put his arm around his brother like that....lol.

Tina said...

LOVE those flowers! Perfect for a boy layout - I have 2 boys too and those look great.

Kim said...

Oh gosh those flowers are to die for...STUNNING Leanne and beautiful colour combo!

Lizzy Hill said...

They are very masculine flowers - if I can say that!!!! Really unusual bg paper..it's TOTALLY masculine, so that sort of evens it out, I reckon:):):)

Chantelle said...

love the masculine flowers - and that background paper is amazing - love your LO - and congrats on making the Bella BLVD team - enjoy the journey :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous- I LOVE the sequins- PERFECT touch!!

xErin

Kerryn said...

This is divine! I adore the colours.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

What a super page! Love the sequins. Awesome layout! Congrats on your new gig too! xo

Cheryl said...

Just loving this one Leanne!! Love your work!! a Fantastic boy page... and LOVE that flower, just superb.

Mette said...

Just love this sooo much!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

This LO Is gorgeous! I love the flowers and all the die cut embellies!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello from....Greece!!! As I was looking for scrapbooking ideas, I found you!! I love your work!! I am a beginer but here in Greece we don't have this beutiful things ( scrapbooking is something new to us ), kits, die cuts etc...

I will be back! Just to let you know that you have a fun in Greece!!

Vasso


vassokalo@yahoo.gr

Стокли said...

Great flowers - the colors make them perfect for a boy photo! oh, and they are just pretty=)

Cheryl said...

Just as an afterthought, are those flowers dies? and if so by whom and where do i get them? xx