Thursday, September 6, 2012

I spy...

Hello Friends.  Today I want to share a layout created with the new release Fancy That Dies available right now from The Papercraft Hub.  I tell you, these dies are so detailed and fun to work with, you are limited only to your imagination when it come to creating with them.  :)

Lately I've noticed an increasing trend to snap photos with your phone.  It is such an easy devise to use and let's face it.  I'm sure there are rarely any of us who leave the house without our phones these days.. *grin*.  And the apps you can get to edit and play with, are fabulous too!

My children are still too young (in my opinion) to have access to their own mobile devise.  However, it doesn't stop them from sneaking away with my i-phone any chance they get, to play games or like Cameron... take photos!  lol!  I just know when he's been near my phone...
 
 
"I spy"
 

products used: cs - kaisercraft; pp - American Crafts (Amy Tangerine); alpha - American Crafts (Amy Tangerine); Fancy That Dies: Dipsy Daisy, Doily Flower, Ginko Flourish; other - mister Huey's mist, Amy Tangerine clear stamps, versacolor ink (pinecone & charcoal), archival ink (midnight), kaisercraft ink (corn), vellum, Greatest View sequins, typewriter.

Check out the gorgeous Ginko Flourish from Fancy That Dies!  And that isn't even the full size!  I've trimmed a few leaves from off the underside and shortened it's length.  I wanted to use its graceful curves to lead the eye to my hidden journaling.

 
 
 
I've also added a Dispy Daisy cut from blue cardstock. It gives just the right amount of textural interest without it being overwhelming or distracting.
 
 
 
And finally I couldn't leave a layout without adding a Doily Flower tucked between some patterned papers! *grin* 
 
 



So.. Do you scrap using photos from your phone?  I have to admit this is a new thing for me to play with.  And I'm kicking myself for not doing it before now.  The next time you are sitting down holding your phone, take the opportunity to scroll through your photos and start forming ideas in your head on how you should document their stories.

Thanks for visiting..x
 

8 comments:

Kerryn said...

So so gorgeous Leanne!!! I just love the feel of happiness that it so obvious in that photo. Love it!!

Tina said...

Love the photo and LOVE the layout! :)

Lizzy Hill said...

This is great...LOVE that flower & your li'l doily popping out the top. Confession time. My phone is so old it doesn't even take photos!!! Kids never wanted to play with it. It's BORING!!!!

Unknown said...

The Ginkgo is my favorite and thanks for showing how you can do whatever you want with the die. They are as versatile as you make them!!!! Love the layout too....as usual :)

Cheryl said...

This is just gorgeous Miss LeanneXX.

Стокли said...

I don't make photos with my phone cause it's very basic. But I plan to some fake instagram pictures in photoshop and print them=)
I love how you hid your journaling. And beautiful flower and doily=)

Kim said...

OOOO what an awesome combo of colours you have in this one Leanne...love that photo of Cam too!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is one of my favourite colour combinations! Love the mix you have here - this is so lovely. Totally awesome work as always! xo