Thursday, August 13, 2009

Photo-a-day...

Day 5: (thursday)

the photo/photos:


the story:

On a trip to the city about a week ago - ish!, (time is irrelevant at the moment, since one day pretty much melds into the next), Liam found a single marble on the ground. Fascinated by this piece of glass, he held onto it like it was a precious jewel...

From that moment on during the day, it was a marble hunt. I lost count of the number of times I asked him to watch where he was going and not walk into the path of other people...but he was too busy searching for more marbles!

"What do you do with them, Mum?" he constantly was asking...

"Umm.... You gather a few of them together and play a game with them by knocking them out of a circle drawn on the ground...." note: this was said with a desperate glance at Mark... After all, I've never played with them!

Soooo...

Recently it was our nephew's birthday. Liam and Jesse are only 3 1/2 months apart in age... Needless to say they are also very good friends! Liam knew immediately what he wanted to buy as a gift, for his best buddy! Marbles....
Out came the pocket money and on came another marble hunt... This time it was a sanctioned one! Amazingly, we found several bags of marbles in a bargain bin at Target. And the pocket money covered two bags of the precious jewels....Hence the photo of Liam's marbles housed in a glass jar, that was pilfered from my scrapping table!
ps- I'd better take a photo of the new vegetable patch tomorrow! Got to keep my Dad happy....that's if it is still alive! hehehe... hmmmm.... *insert lip chewing here!*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mum read this story out to me this morning and I am alive and kicking waiting for more pictures of the vegie garden
Love Dad

Kirsty said...

I love reading the story behind that photo! Great pic!

Melanie H said...

That photo is wonderful and certainly tell a story.

I have to remind my Lillee to walk ith her head up as she is so busy watching the ground or whats behind her to walk properly. lol