Friday, August 14, 2009

Photo-a-day...

Day 6: (friday)

the photo/photos: the story:

Finally a post about the new veggie garden! See Dad, I am watering it every day...I promise! (Probably not as much as you would...but we have water restrictions...and I'm sticking with that for my excuse! Lol!!)

This little patch of ground has been fenced off from the dog, garden beds raised for proper drainage and tenderly cared for, by my Dad while here was visiting us recently...

He is a veggie growing fanatic! Anyone who knows him, knows this about him. Anyway, I digress...

The kids love getting out there first thing in the morning to water the garden. And it is growing rapidly! Ethan especially is interested in the growing process. He was also actively involved in helping Grandad Jim build it. Fence and all!

They are also keen to harvest the end product. Corn, broccoli, tomatoes, celery... That maybe a few weeks away yet, so I am hoping the novelty doesn't wear off too soon and I can interest the kids in eating a more varied range of vegetables. Well, I at least have to find something more "grosser" than beans...maybe then they'll eat the green stuff without all the fuss!

4 comments:

Melanie H said...

Wonderful photos Leanne, I can't wait until we buy our own home next year so I can plant a veggie patch myself.

I think looking after and tending to the garden helps children develop and appreciate life.

Nic said...

Loving your photos and all the stories to go with them... have a great weekend!!

tania said...

Hi, hopped over here from kathleen's blog, very cute pictures you taking, i would love a veggie garden, but i am struggling to keep a potted herb garden alive:)

Anonymous said...

Dad delighted with the photos. He has been up early this morning pottering about his own garden. Dad agrees with Melanie's comment that a garden helps children develop and appreciate life.
Love mum