Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bella BLVD introduction...

Hello Friends!! I am excited to let you know that I am being introduced on the Bella BLVD blog today along with Malika and Laurie!  So to everyone who is here for the first time... WELCOME!!  I am thrilled to have you visit with me here.  *grin*

I am still walking around in a bit of a daze!  LOL!  And if you read my earlier post, I still don't want to be pinched!  hahaha!! Anyway...
 
Today I will share my other two layouts and some of the close ups from my submission...
 
 
"alien"

 


Here in Australia, the school system celebrates books and encourages the love  of reading, every August.  During this "book week" the kids get to dress as their favourite book character, have special school parades and experience books in general.  My kids are forever reading.  As a parent, I love it and I am very grateful that they love reading too!  The above layout shares Ethan's costume this year.  He had very definite ideas as his favourite book is "Aliens in Underpants Save the World!"!!! hee hee.. Ethan however, drew the line when it came to wearing his underpants outside of his jeans! LOL!!  His home made costume (of two pieces of circular cardboard cut from an old box) won him his class prize.  He was so excited to choose another book to  bring home, it didn't matter that it wasn't about aliens... LOL!  Next year I'm certain he will be a bushranger!

"cover"
 


I think I have already mentioned once or twice, how amazing the month of September has been for me.  *grin*  Not only have I been accepted onto some amazing design teams, but I have also had a layout on the cover of Scrapbooking Memories for the Father's Day special issue.  The instagram photo of my youngest holding the magazine was the whole inspiration for this layout.  And to be honest, this was the last layout I created for my design team application.  I was fast running out of paper and supplies!  *grin* So I created a layered look to appear like the pages of a magazine.
 
Thank you all for visiting.  Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog in return.  :)  I love seeking out new and exciting scrapbooking places on the www.  Have a wonderful creative day...x
 


5 comments:

Linda Langes said...

Big congrats to you Leanne on your successes this month - I for one am so happy to have discovered your blog now and be able to follow your inspiring work. Waving "Hi" from just a little further south - on the Gold Coast :-)))

mk said...

So happy to be designing with you, Leanne! Love your layouts!

mk said...

So happy to be designing with you, Leanne! Love your layouts!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

I just love these layouts! Your style is so fresh and fun!!!

Kerryn said...

Woohoo Leanne. I am so happy for you :). Love these pages!! Looking forward to seeing what you create ver the next 12 months. x