Monday, October 15, 2012

Christmas is coming...

This morning my youngest son walked to the bus stop with his Santa hat on.  All red and white and happily calling out "ho, ho, ho!" *grin*  So, with that and Christmas decorations in the shops and my kids sorting out their wish lists, (ie circling products spied in the copious amounts of catalogues arriving in our mail box...), I think there is an overwhelming sign that the big, jolly man is on his way.  Give or take a few months.  lol!

Today I wanted to share with you this "Christmas" themed layout created from my first DT kit for The Scrapbook Store.


"Happy Holiday"


products used: cs - kaisercraft (coconut) pp - MME WinterWonderland (presents, polka dots, flakes, tags), American Crafts (Amy Tangerine) other - MME WinterWonderland 48 enamel dots, buttons, bakers twine, skewer, ink (versacolor), kaisercraft paint (deep yellow) tools - typewriter, machine stitching.


The kit supplied me with the gorgeous My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland collection.  And I've teamed it with a teeny, tiny bit of Amy Tangerine (yellow).

 
I've also added lots of layers to create some depth and hidden my journaling on the "December 25" card, tuck beneath the papers (see top photo).
 
 
journaling: Each Christmas we tend to collect another nutcracker.  Liam finds them fascinating.  In reality I'm sure he wants to set up mock battles with the soldiers!  His favourite is the one with the sword. lol! They are one of the first decorations he asks to unwrap and put on display, when we pull out our big box of Christmas goodies.
 
The colours in this collection are gorgeous!  And I really love the red wood grain patterned paper!  sigh..  I'm thinking these colours will make a fabulous December Daily! 
 
Thanks for visiting..x
 


4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Leanne the layering on this one ROCKS big time!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful Leanne. Love this so much :)

Sarah said...

Hi Leanne, I just spent 20 mins browsing through your beautiful blog post pages! I really love your style! Thanks for visiting my blog :)))

Chantelle said...

love this page with it's layers and stitching - you did great with this collection x