Friday, October 26, 2012

World Teacher's Day & Fancy That Dies...

Hi Everyone.  My childrens' school is celebrating World Teacher's Day today and of course... when do I get notice of it?  That's right. Yesterday afternoon.  *sigh*  lol!

So being a good mum, I got up a little bit earlier than normal, this morning and created three cards for my kids to take to school... :)  Please take note that they are very simple and quick to assemble!  lol!!




products used: cs - kaisercraft; pp - kaisercraft; Fancy That Dies - Sweet Blooms, Scalloped Floret; other - Lilybee alphas, Greatest View mini doily, versacolor ink.


This first card is for Ethan's Grade One teacher, Mrs Stevenson.  I've layered the scalloped floret directly onto the base of the sweet blooms, larger petals.   The top flower is slightly smaller, but I love the effect of grouping three flowers together like this.. :)


products used: cs - bazzill, kaisercraft; pp - Junkitz, Stampin' Up, Bella BLVD; Fancy That Dies - Delightful Doily Duo, Butterfly Quartet; other - Lilybee alphas, versacolor ink; tools - sewing machine.


This card is for Tahlia's teacher Ms Walker.  Being a Grade Seven teacher, I wanted to create something a little more robust but still have a delicate edge to it.  The Delightful Doily Duo was perfect.  I've teamed it up with the shadow butterfly from the Butterfly Quartet collection and left a lot of white space on the card!  hee hee..  A quick machine stitch around the outside edge of the Stampin' Up patterned paper finished it off nicely.

 
products used: cs - kaisercraft; pp - Junkitz, kaisercraft; Fancy That Dies - Retro Globe and Stand; other - Nikki Sivils alphas, apple punch, foam tape.


Finally this card was created for Liam's teacher.  And it posed a bit of a challenge for me.  You see, Liam's Grade Four teacher is Mr Zeith and I wanted a more masculine look for this card!! lol!  The Fancy That Dies Retro Globe and Stand was a die I picked up from the recent Quilt and Papercraft Fair.  Perfect!! Add an apple and a Thank You... and I'm done! lol!  Three cards in less than an hour thanks to The Papercraft Hub and Fancy That Dies.
 
Thanks so much for visiting and Happy World Teacher's Day..x
 

7 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow! They are all gorgeous. Three very lucky teachers :-)

Kim said...

these are s stunning Leanne beautiful colour combos!

Kerryn said...

You are such a good girl. I knew over 2 weeks ago and I still forgot!! The cards are gorgeous and I'm sure they were much appreciated. x

Unknown said...

Sweet! You make gorgeous cards too

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow! Amazing!!!!

The Papercraft Hub said...

Your cards are just gorgeous!!!! I love how you put your spin on things.

Sandie said...

Gorgeous cards Leanne, I'm sure they were much appreciated being hand-made.